Perhaps it is time to:
- send the wedding invitations
- promote your new business
- share the baby registry
- plan the family reunion
- tell a lot of people about an important update in your life
Wouldn’t it be really great if you could get all the emails, phone numbers, and addresses, of the people your Apple Contacts into a spreadsheet?
Seemingly by design, however, Apple did not build in such functionality.
If you have a Mac, then I have a simple solution for you.
- Open the Script Editor application
- Copy and paste the code (see below) into the window
- Press the play button at top
- Make selections on the following prompts:
- Export all contacts or optionally just the selected ones
- Note: for me, exporting all of my 1,041 contacts takes around a minute
- choose output folder
- choose desired filename
- Upon completion, you’ll get a prompt with summary details:
- number of contacts exported
- execution time
- output location
- Check out your new csv!
- Any value in a contact’s “Company” field will appear under the “description” column
- Since CSVs are delimited by commas, commas must be removed from relevant fields
- commas replaced with “-“ in first name, last name, or company
- commas removed from addresses
- any contact with more than one email/phone/address will be delimited with a “;”